I’m generally not one for recording goals. I think everyone has goals that they mull over in their minds, but it’s often said that the most productive people write down their goals so that they can actually see them. I’ve sometimes debated creating journals and lists for myself, but I know myself well enough to know that I’d probably do it for a week or two….but my commitment to these things never lasts very long. Really, my commitment to most things only lasts until I forget to do it once and then it’s just all over. Taking vitamins…..solid for a week or two at a time until I space it off one night and get out of the habit. Honestly, this blog is one of the longest things I’ve ever committed to……and even on this I’ve missed a couple posts here and there…..like last week for instance!
I’m not interested in books like 50 Shades of Grey okay?! I’m interested in the life changing magic of tidying up. That’s right, how to declutter my home to achieve inner peace, and my optimum level of success! That’s what your 30’s are about. How can I turn this shit around?! I’m a horrible person, I’m not happy with where I am. How can I turn this shit around?! Help me Tony Robbins, help me! — Ali Wong
So, in an effort to try and motivate my nearly 30 something life towards my maximum level of success….I present THE TO DO LIST!
- Work to double my number of followers on social media — I have little to no idea how I’m actually going to accomplish this, but I’m hoping that people will just start to realize the amazeballsness that is me and decide to come along for the ride?!
- Upgrade my blog account to look more professional — I’m thinking I’ve reached a place where I should take the plunge and fork over the cash money to buy my URL outright. I’ve stuck with this long enough that I think it’s officially a thing.
- Prepare, practice, and study to perform a successful turkey hunt this fall — Okay, so there’s nothing saying that every hunting trip is successful, that’s why it’s called hunting and not shooting. However, I have good feelings about trying to get ready for a hunt. I didn’t buy the bow with the intention of hunting, but turkey tags are relatively inexpensive, I’m in charge of Thanksgiving so I obviously need a turkey, and I feel like this plan will help keep me motivated to hit the ranges.
- Recommit myself to my fitness, specifically cardio — I say that like this isn’t Easter weekend and I’m not just lounging around munching and snacking. However, I have recommitted myself to sculpt and rowing classes at the gym. Also, summer time is coming and that means bike time on the trails with Pimp Money and his wife, so maybe I’ve sorta got this in check?!
- Finally motivate to do the yard updates I’ve wanted since I moved in — I can’t guarantee that I’ll be allowed to make these updates. Mostly this sits in the hands of the HOA board. However, if they approve my plans I’ll have to put them into action. I took the first steps tonight by finally emailing the board with my requests, so now we just have to wait. Approval will mean some digging and serious time in the yard ripping out and replacing plants, and digging up grass for a garden!
I’m not sure what kind of optimum levels my success will reach, but sometimes I think it’s important to take steps to over ride your inner lazy girl.