It hasn’t been a great week here at Casa Mishappenings. For a whole plethora of reasons, this week has just kicked my ass. Scout was sick, like really quite sick, I’m sick, work was…..challenging.
Here’s a numerical ranking of the ways in which this week has been less than ideal.
- Piles of puppy puke cleaned – 8
- Hours spent reanalyzing and recalculating data at work that the customer decided they didn’t want anyway – 7
- Hours spent in pointless meetings at work when I could have been doing my actual work – 6
- Hours spent upside down….on my head….with a cold….installing baseboard in my bathroom – 5 (Mostly due to the fact that I’m quite sure it would have been faster to remove my toilet and then reinstall it than try to piece together moldings in the tiny toilet nook.)
- Pots of tea made in an attempt to destuff my nose – 4
- Doses of cold medicine taken – 3
- Misfired nails needing to be removed from woodwork – 2
- Drill bits broken off in woodwork never to be seen again – 1
It’s been like the 12 Days of Christmas around here….only with failures!
Some weeks I guess you just can’t win.