I promised an epic blog to make up for missing last week’s. HERE IT IS PEOPLE!!
Over the weekend I took a mini vacation to the Black Hills. The Hills have become my preferred vaca destination over the past few years. I went to college there, a fair number of my friends are still there, and all my preferred restaurants and bars are scattered around. This was a quicker trip than I normally take, but I tried to pack in plenty of fun and pictures. I’ve complied them all below in an effort to take you all along on my epic adventures!
Step 1: Pack all the things!
Step 2: Bribe your fur baby, and leave her at Grandma’s house.
Step 3: Buy an XL coffee, and put the pedal to the metal!
Take a ride across the Badlands….
A few hours and some foil later, I’m shorter and blonder for summertime. Marla never fails to do amazing work, and I’m lucky to know her! I’m not generally one for “Outfit of the Day” pictures, but it’s all part of the adventure!
Dinner with the original boyfriend, and drinks with my Chemistry bros! I may or may not have caused a pub crawl to end early…….oops!
Rainy night rooftop views of my home away from home.
Can’t drink all day if you don’t start at brunch! Kickass Margaritas (Pineapple and Hot Pepper) give me life!!
White gurl issues….when you try and take a selfie, but you accidentally make a video….. #selfiesaturday
Saturday night in Deadwood. When in the Wild West, channel your inner cowgirl and get after it!
……breathe in all that open space!
So many bars, so little time. You’ll notice the person with the most clothes is walking the fastest up the mountain…..men are whimps!
Found my favorite tipsy Lewis and/or Clark/Party Boy at the Grand. You know it’s a good night when someone has to wear the sombrero home because there isn’t room in the Jeep….
Blueberry Danish and Austrailian Iced Coffee with my lovely Russian lady! Multicultural breakfast at Bully Blends.
Last stop at Philly Ted’s for some cajun chickens to go, and a ride back across the Badlands.
Be the hottest thing they’ve seen at the Al’s Oasis Arby’s all day!
Memorable Quotes of the Weekend – I’m in Italics for some differentiation….
- “You definitely don’t have a shortage of hair.”
- “You’re pretty, but you make bad life choices.” “Ummm….excuse me?” “You’re pretty, but then you’re standing there holding a PBR. You make bad life choices!”
- “Do I really smell like Ketchup?!?!?”
- “You realize we are gonna start talking again, and I’m just gonna hit on you…..” “….Great….” –I got this twice, once Friday and once Saturday from the same guy from college!!!! Ugh
- “I’m feeling sober, can we get a drink?”
- “Hey! How tall are you?!?” “Hahah, not tall enough!”
- “Hey, I’m liking your hair.” “Thanks” “You’re the hottest thing we’ve seen all day!”