Every once in a while, not often mind you, but sometimes….I feel old. It’s been a busy, stressful week so I’m taking the easy way out to a funny post. I thought it would be fun to compile a list of what makes my friends and I feel old.
- Getting dressed up to go out drinking sometimes seems like too much work.
- Spending Friday nights at home, making dinner, and watching movies always sounds like a good Friday night anymore.
- If I do muster the energy to go out, upper twenty something me can no longer dance and take shots all night long like college aged me.
- In the event I decide to ignore Fact 3, I now need to allow myself at least 2 days to fully recover from the event.
- Getting a handful of underage drinkers kicked out of an all age concert the other weekend made me feel all warm and happy inside!
- When younger kids, specifically younger siblings of my friends, start getting married.
- Buying a house! If you need to up your “feeling like an adult” quota….this will do it.
- When what’s his face left One Direction and you couldn’t muster a single fuck to give.
- When people you know have been married long enough that they are starting to get divorced.
- When you’re feeling like throwing back a few but can’t find any partners in crime because your posse is all married with kids.
- Looking old enough that you no longer get carded at bars…..so bittersweet.
- When you have to debate going to what will be a great concert because it’s all age, and the youths will be out full force.
- Going to the mall….shouldn’t all the kids be in school?!….again with the youths!
- Reminiscing on the days when you could eat all the food, not workout, and still not get fat.
- Working out and being sore immediately….in weird places.
- Waking up the day after a workout, and discovering you’ve reached a new level of sore you didn’t know was achievable by the human body.
- When you get hit on by 21 year old guys at bars….we don’t want to be cradle robbers!